Call 520.621.0898 to speak with an enrollment counselor today

Online Eligibility by State

The University of Arizona, like all higher education institutions, is required to obtain authorization from individual states to enroll students residing outside of Arizona.

The UA is currently authorized to enroll students living in different states, depending on the program offered. Please read each of the program descriptions carefully. In the upper right hand corner of each program description, you will find a list of states where the program CANNOT be offered.  The UA has a wide range of degrees and certificate programs and we encourage you to review them all to find a match that’s right for you. Below please find a list of ineligible states listed by the different particiation requirements.

Online Programs with Required Internship Components

U.S. TERRITORIES:  As a result of legislative regulations in these states/territories, the University of Arizona cannot currently consider applications for an online degree or certificate program that includes a required internship component from applicants whose primary residence is in any of the above states/territories.  For details about regulations in your state, you may wish to consult your state’s Department of Education or learn about efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at  If you reside in one of the above states, The University of Arizona would welcome your application to our face-to-face program.

The following programs require internships in order to complete the degree:  

  • Bachelor of Science - Care, Health & Society
  • Bachelor of Science - Public Health
  • Bachelor of Science - Sustainable Built Environments
  • Doctor of Nursing Practice

Online Programs with Elective Internships

U.S. TERRITORIES:  As a result of legislative regulations in these states/territories the University of Arizona may not be able to offer elective internships to students whose primary residence is in above states/territories.  Students may still be eligible to complete the program without the elective internship.  Please check with the University department offering this program for specific information. For details about regulations in your state, you may wish to consult your states Department of Education or learn about the efforts of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements at

Arizona Complaint Resolution Process

The University of Arizona is committed to helping resolve complaints in an equitable and timely manner.  University of Arizona students with complaints or concerns are encouraged to first utilize the University of Arizona’s internal complaint or review policies.  Most concerns can be resolved internally before contacting external state resources. 

UA students are encouraged to first speak with the student’s faculty member concerning academic issues. If an issue cannot be resolved at that level, a student may contact the academic department head for information on how to proceed. 

If the issue involves a dispute concerning a grade received in an undergraduate course, the grade appeal policy appears here(link is external) in the University catalog. For matters involving allegations of academic integrity, policies can be found here(link is external) with the Dean of Students office.

For undergraduate concerns not met by the above policies, students may also contact the Dean of Students office directly(link is external) for further information on how to proceed.  Graduate students can find the Graduate College Grievance Policy here(link is external).  

In addition to the aforementioned resolution processes, the University of Arizona maintains links to a variety of consumer information and contacts(link is external).  Another valuable resource unique to the University of Arizona is the University Ombuds Program(link is external), which provides a neutral, informal, confidential and independent resource for any academic or workplace concern.

If an issue submitted to the University of Arizona by a student is unresolved and involves a complaint arising under State laws, an Arizona Board of Regents policy or any other matter, the student may contact the Arizona Board of Regents (in accordance with 75 Fed. Reg. 66865-66, Oct. 29, 2010), by visiting the ABOR web site(link is external) or by submitting a request directly(link is external). Students may also call the ABOR office at 602-229-2500.

SARA Complaint Process

The Arizona SARA Council has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA-approved institutions, including The University of Arizona, in relation to non-instructional complaints. Instructional complaints, such as grade grievances, are not reviewed by the Council and should not be submitted for review. Prior to registering a non-instructional complaint with the Arizona SARA Council, the student/complainant must complete The University of Arizona’s and the Arizona Board of Regent’s complaint processes, as listed above.  Non-instructional complaints may be submitted to SARA here(link is external).

Students also have the right to contact state authorization or accrediting agency contacts for specific issues.

For online students who are residents of states outside of Arizona, consumer inquiries may be directed to the following consumer protection agencies.

The University of Arizona is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).  Questions concerning the University of Arizona’s compliance with criteria for accreditation can be directed to: 

Higher Learning Commission South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 Chicago, Illinois 60604-141 1-800-621-7440