Students and professionals with accounting backgrounds can further their knowledge and obtain the additional coursework needed to become a certified public accountant.
The Online Graduate Accounting Certificate allows students and professionals with accounting backgrounds to select 9 to 18 units of fully online, graduate-level accounting coursework tailored to their educational needs.
This certificate provides advanced accounting courses to supplement foundational knowledge, and it enables eligible students to obtain additional coursework needed to become a CPA, including optional courses that meet the unique CPA requirements for Arizona, California and Texas.
To be eligible for the Online Graduate Accounting Certificate, students must possess a four-year bachelor's degree with at least a 2.75 GPA and have completed the following prerequisites:
- ACCT 200, Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 210, Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 400A, Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 400B, Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACCT 420, Introduction to Federal Taxation