Master of Science
Prepare for careers in professional accounting and consulting with advanced training in financial accounting, taxation and other essential concepts. This program also aids in becoming a certified public accountant.
The Online Master of Science in Accounting program provides a path for working professionals and students to complete advanced coursework and prepare for or further a career in professional accounting while earning credit toward a CPA license. Students will take a total of 30 units of graduate-level coursework. This consists of 18 units of accounting courses and 12 units of selected online MBA and accounting electives, with courses starting six times each year. Both the Eller College of Managment and the School of Accountancy are AACSB accredited, adding to the value of this degree.
To be eligible for the Online Master of Science in Accounting, students must possess a four-year bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed the following prerequisites:
- ACCT 200, Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 210, Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 310, Cost Accounting
- ACCT 400A, Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACCT 400B, Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACCT 420, Introduction to Federal Taxation